My tumblr did this and that to me.
Zachary Levi and the Nerd Machine family need your help to fund Nerd HQ 2014! Nerd HQ is a free experience for fans during the weekend of SDCC to test out the newest video games, gadgets, and tech, as well as give fans the opportunity to attend celebrity conversation panels (which Zac livestreams), photo-ops and signing-ops. In addition, funds raised during this event are contributed to the charity, Operation Smile.
Typically, they fund the event solely through Sponsorships, but last year it didn’t work out and essentially almost ended Nerd HQ. If you can spare $5 to this campaign that would be amazing, but if not, then don’t worry at all. You can show your support by spreading the word for this wonderful cause :D
done!! Thanks for last Nerd HQ with Sherlock crew and Tom Hiddleston!!!
MID0NZ’s BBC SHERLOCK META CONTEST
WHAT IS A META?
The term Meta (short for metanalysis) means the discussion of a topic (mostly canon or the fandom society and its demographic) usually in form of an essay written by one or more individuals. Usually, the meta comes in the form of a loosely academic structure, offering proof or evidence of its claims through reference to the primary text and by supporting evidence in the form of screencaps, pictures or charts. (x)
- The Season 3 DVDs (US or UK version— your choice)
- The Season 3 Soundtrack CD
- I’ll meta your meta! I’ll reblog the winning entries with my thoughtful, engaged response. Hopefully we can get a conversation going!
- There will be 3 winners- one for each episode.
- Any meta topic is welcome, any ship, any rating— it’s ALL fine.
- Your deadline is March 11, 2014 at Midnight (EST)
- Your tumblr ask MUST be open so I can contact you. Obviously.
- Winners must share your mailing address with me. Obviously.
- You must reblog this post and add your entry at the bottom and/or a link to your entry at AO3. (If you want to make absolutely sure I see it, feel free to submit it to me but that’s not required. Here’s the ao3 collection if you want to use that.)
- I’m the only judge but I’m nice and I don’t bite.
- Brainy is the new sexy.
QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
I have a handful of entires only. Tick tock.
There’s still plenty of time!
It’s almost too late!
I recently reached 10,000 followers and (as promised) here’s my giveaway for you, my lovelies.
First things first, though: Thank you all so much for following me :)
Okay, here are the rules:
- you must be following me
- you can like/reblog as often as you want
- if you are one of the winners you should be willing to share your full name and address with me
- giveaway ends 1 May 2014
- winners will be chosen randomly and there will be three winners (which means I will pack three boxes of goodies)
- I will ship worldwide
Here’s what you can win:
- A genuine Saami bracelet (like the one Benedict wears), black leather with silver threads
- DVD - Boxset, Sherlock Series 1-3 (Region codes 2+4)
- A ‘Keep calm and love Benedict Cumberbatch’ - mug
- Sherlock t-shirt: ‘I don’t shave for Sherlock Holmes’ (size L)
- Paperback ‘Sherlock Holmes - His Last Vow’, Arthur Conan Doyle
- Sherlock t-shirt, black ‘When you eliminated the impossible …’ (size XL)
- Sherlock t-shirt, white with Sherlock, John Watson and Moriarty cameos (size XL)
- black pencils ‘Everybody, shut up!’
I keep my fingers crossed for you :)
Benedict Cumberbatch, NY Times T Mag, Spring Men 2014.
(1920*2127, about 4.7M) via
His face is already gorgeous without photoshop…
is this a reaction or an example
Wow, I can’t believe so many people support me in my art! I truly am grateful, and you’re all wonderful people. I don’t have anything exciting to offer but some of my own drawings and prints. Thank you so much guys.
- 1st place: A 12” x 10” Bofur poster, 2 card stock prints, 3 thorin twerkinshield lentincular cards, and 2 traditional drawings of your choice from the photo (you get first pick!).
- 2nd place: 1 card stock print, 2 thorin twerkinshield lenticular cards, and a traditional drawing of your choice from the photo.
- 3rd place: 1 card stock print, 1 thorin twerkinshield lenticular card and a traditional drawing.
So here are the rules!
- You don’t have to be following me, but it would be appreciated.
- Multiple reblogs are okay!
- Likes do not count!
- No giveaway blogs, I’ll be checking!
This giveaway ends on March 29th, 2014 winners will be chosen via random number generator.
I’m struggling because I get where she’s coming from, and I don’t think she’s being disrespectful, actually, she’s got an opinion about one very specific sort of thing, and I think that’s fair enough, though if you’re a creator of that specific thing you probably will hate that she doesn’t like it. But…well, she has a right to not like it.
I mean, there are people in fandom who really loathe what I do in fandom, and are public about saying so, okay, if I had a hissy fit over everyone being public about not liking what I, personally, create in fandom I would a) not have time for much else in my life, and b) be mocked forever.
I know it’s different when it’s someone outside of fandom, someone associated with the show and therefore someone we see as powerful, but she’s just a person who tends to say what she thinks, and she’s been hella supportive of fandom in a ton of ways in the past, and she was asked and answered something, and now she’s getting piled on as if all her generosity in the past never happened, and she’s fighting back because, as she’s talked about before, she has a bully trigger and when people talk shit at her on social media (and no matter what, there is SHIT getting flung, no matter who said what, that’s not on) she gets into bullied kid mode. It’s hard to watch that happen on so many levels. I know it’s a lot of misunderstandings, and lots of people are upset, but we don’t need to trigger other people because they have and stated opinions we don’t like. There’s definitely room to have a calm discussion about this, and I wish we’d collectively learn how to cope. I include me in that.
I understand the hurt, I understand the shame. I really, really do. I am a prime example of a fandom shame generator, because I am steeping in it a lot of the time. That probably makes me the wrong person to respond to this at all. I’m always a hair trigger away from wiping my entire fandom output and existence off the internet. So grain of salt.
One of the things I really like about modern fandom it’s technically possible to keep everything we do partitioned to people who are actually looking for it. It’s easy to find if you want it, but it doesn’t have to be in every face. I am in favour of that. As a writer, I’m glad AO3 works in such a way to keep my writing out of basic searches online unless fanfiction is what you want. I’ve always been in favour of keeping our explicit stuff out of general searches, but easily available should you want it. On some level I feel like this whole discussion might actually be one about triggers, tags, and facets, classification rather than condemnation or is Amanda Abbington an ignorant twat. (Can we not?) We are really sensitive to this when it comes to spoilers, triggers, tagging, and NSFW stuff on tumblr or twitter or anywhere else. We get the idea of cut tags and sensitivity and whatnot. I feel like this might actually be a conversation about that, a classification conversation, not one about a famous people being disrespectful, or homophobia, or whatever else.
I dunno, man.
When I was 16, I had a fake I.D. and decided to go to a gay bar by myself because some friends bailed on me. While there, an older gentleman bought me a drink. He wasn’t a creeper, and he definitely wasn’t unattractive. I accepted the drink and began talking to him. No big deal. As the hour progressed, I felt myself feeling strange. I mentioned that I felt like I had a headache, and this guy helped guide me out of the bar. As we were walking down the street, the thought of, ‘Oh god, he’s drugged me, I’m going to die’ came to my head. I tried to get away, but I was so drugged up that I could barely walk, let alone speak. It also didn’t help that I had really large ‘goth’ platform shoes because I was going through a phase. Anyway, this guy brought me to his suv and began undressing me. As a final act of defiance, I hit him over the head with my platform shoe. He then punched me, and I remember thinking, ‘Why don’t they ever give workshops to gay guys about being victims of rape too?’ While I was as careful as possible, I never saw the guy slip something in the drink. I even watched the bar tender make the drink. Anyway, I lied there completely paralyzed while this pervert was lubing up. I locked eyes with his for a moment, and that’s when it happened. A very large and angry drag queen opened the door of the vehicle and beat the shit out of my attempted rapist. She and her other drag friends helped dress and care for me while the police arrived. I was saved by a group of guardian drag queens. They were basically the modern day ‘angels from heaven.’
God bless drag queens.
I will always reblog this
Whenever drag queens are present, you best believe they will save the fuckin day.
Oh fuck yes.
If this isn’t on your blog I’m judging you.
Every time a bell rings, a drag queen gets his wings.
God bless drag queen omg
Benedict Cumberbatch reveals his secrets.